1. Information We Collect. You can browse the website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself other than the information that you automatically provide us (discussed below).
In order to take advantage of the services we provide through the website, you may place an order and/or create a login account. When you place an order through the website or create a login account, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, and similar information. This allows us to process and fulfill your order, to provide the services ordered, to facilitate future ordering, and to provide you with information regarding your ordering history. Additionally, when you sign up to receive newsletters and other updates, you will be asked to provide your email address. We will use this email address to send you the requested newsletters and updates.
In addition to information that you provide us, we automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the website. We use data collection devices, such as “cookies,” on certain pages of the website to help analyze our website flow, website performance, and content structure, as well as to allow you to make purchases on our site through the “shopping cart” function and maintain a “login account.” Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies will be placed as a text file in the browser of your computer. Other information that we may automatically collect includes computer type, browser-type and plug-ins, operating system, java script enables, and city and country. Additionally, we may automatically collect your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). Your IP address is a unique numerical address consisting of four numbers separated by periods which provides the location to an individual computer on the Internet. IP addresses are used to designate the computer from which you are accessing the website.
We also obtain data about you when you interact with the website, such as when you look at a page, send a message through the website, search for users or content on the website, make purchases through the website, and click on an ad featured on or linked to the website. When you post certain content on the website, such as videos, photographs and sound files, we may receive metadata that tells us the time, date and/or location in which the file was created. We receive information from the computer or other device you use to access the website, which may include but is not limited to your IP address, location, browser type, operating system, and user ID. We may receive data from our advertisers, users, and other third parties that assists us and them in delivering advertisements or other information, understanding online activity, and improving the website and our services. Other websites may utilize an ArtistGrowth platform or feature. We may receive data, including but not limited to your IP address, browser type, operating system, and location, the identity of the website through which you are accessing the platform or feature, and information regarding your activity on that third party website, when you use these platforms and features.
You may also choose to participate in third party applications accessible via the website (for example, Facebook) through which you post content or allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information. The third party may allow you to remove the application, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through that application, but we may retain the information previously collected. We may receive information about you if other users of third party applications give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections’” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party web sites or interactive service. If you choose to “like” content on our website or to otherwise post information from or via our website to third party applications, that information will become public, and the third parties may have access to information about you and your use of our website.
2. Our Use of Your Information. We use the information collected through the website in connection with providing our services to you and other Artist Growth users, in connection with third parties advertising to you though the website, and to assist developers in creating applications and other programs that relate to our services. For example, we may use your information to facilitate our efforts to make the website secure; to make suggestions to you about services or products that may be relevant to you; to provide you with new features and services; and to understand whether advertising you see has been effective.
We use the information you provide to provide you with our services, to contact you regarding other ArtistGrowth products or services, and to provide you with your account and purchase history from our site. We may use personal information about you (including the information we automatically collect from you) to market to you, to analyze website usage and promotional effectiveness, to improve our content, to perform trouble-shooting activities, and to customize the website’s content, layout, and services. These uses help us improve the website and better tailor it to meet your needs, in order to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience. We may additionally use your personal information to send you administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the website.
We may use data and information about you that has been “de-identified” (data from which your name or any personally identifying information has been removed, or the data has been combined with other people’s data in such a way that it is no longer associated with you) for any purpose. When we receive data about you from advertisers or other third parties, we will retain such data in identifiable form for no more than six (6) months. After that period, we will retain the data only in de-identified form.
3. Release of Information. We don't sell, rent or otherwise share identifiable personal information about you to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, under the circumstances described in this paragraph, we may release information about you to third parties. Your use of the website constitutes consent to our release of information solely as described in this Policy.
We may provide de-identified data about you to our advertisers, users, or other third parties. We may release information about you to legal authorities to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order. Additionally, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or other alleged illegal activities, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose information about you, including, without limitation, your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, IP address and User ID history, without a subpoena.
6. Information Security. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These may include appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
7. Updating and Correcting Your Personal Information. You can review and amend the information you have provided us by signing on to your login account.
Last Updated December 28, 2011.